Missions and aims
The European Forum for Animal Welfare Councils provides a platform for debate, for sharing information and views and a network for Animal Welfare advisory bodies throughout Europe.
Exchanging views and knowledge relating to animal welfare and ethical issues
- by exchanging views and knowledge to help in the formulation of advice regarding animal welfare and animal ethics by advisory bodies.
- by exchanging views informally and in a non-binding way.
- by holding discussions and raising issues that might be beyond national comfort zones.
- by sharing information about animal welfare priorities and work already carried out.
- by serving as a network for participants – also between meetings.
- by collaborating with other international bodies such as the European Commission, (EC), the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE), the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) to exchange experiences about animal welfare legislation and practices.
Exchanging best practices about Animal Welfare advisory bodies' work
- by exchanging information on the organisation and structures of Animal Welfare advisory bodies in Europe.
- by promoting best practices for efficiency of Animal Welfare advisory bodies in Europe.
- by promoting the use of Animal Welfare advisory bodies to advise Governments in countries where they are yet to be established.